When eventually implemented, the project will provide many benefits to its supporters, participants and society as a whole.
- massive roleplay game in real life;
- free organised entertainment for residents (festivals, concerts, theatre) and visitors
- people will participate in events (act, help organise etc., not just watch)
- residents will organise regular ethnic, religious and other festivals and events
- realistic historic re-enactment
- labour as fun
2. Science and education
- sociology experiment
- experimental archaeology
- promote better understanding between communities by peaceful co-existence of various communities
- experimental agriculture - back to basics
- preserve competence in old-style agriculture
- preserve old crafts
- research parties from universities will be invited to conduct various research projects
- teaching parties from schools and universities will be invited to conduct various courses
- "old school" schooling for children
- life in a stratified society, with perks and privileges for the higher classes
- residents promoted to upper classes based on contribution (game element = fun)
- promote responsibility by the practice of democratic governmentin the original sense
- citizens will take responsibility and influence events by becoming elected magistrates
- one person <> one vote! Electors' votes are weighted depending on their social position.
- team work in everything
- (re-)discover the value of person-to-person communication, without mediating technology
- strict rules will be enforced to ensure "historic compliance"
- no short-term visitors to the town! If you are there - you participate.
- people will eat real food
- people will have to do manual labour: healthy exercise! Out in the clean air.
- time away from noise and irritations of modern life.
- shareholding company owns the project and runs it as a "closed gate resort"
- residents, after a time, become shareholders of the company
- individual businesses are franchised to external companies under strict compliance rules
- own currency inside
- tourists get an "all inclusive package" - pay AU$ outside, get local currency and "the dole" (free food) inside
- residents: get 99 year lease on land and house, no ownership
- most external profits (from franchises etc.) invested back into the community, and
- some external profits invested in conservation of nature around the town
6. Benefits to...
- Humanity as a whole: model for eco-living, smaller carbon footprint, no use of fossil fuels
- Australia: receives a great unique tourist attraction
- Queensland: receives a great unique tourist attraction, takes population pressure off South-East Queensland
- participants: fun, unique life experience, time off from modern civilisation, will better appreciate what they have when they return to modern civilisation, will realise what they actually need and what they can live without